Design / redesign
A good design is an effective design. Colors, blocks, fonts, graphics — all elements of the site should promote a product (directly or indirectly: to maintain brand reputation, raise awareness, attract new customers, and create loyalty of the audience). This mission is carried out through thoughtful functionality and visual charm.
A site should appeal to the target audience and be easy-to-use — this is the first thing we emphasize to the client.
If a male customer sells women's shoes, the site should be comfortable for women. Therefore, we need to know who your target audience is, explore the sites of your competitors and generally understand how your business works — to set the right accents and call to action when designing the site.
It's great if you've already had your website: we'll analyze it, take out good solutions, and take away the failed ones.
We hold and interview with the client. We analyze the basic information, generate ideas, and create a mind map. We prioritize solutions, on the basis of which we form the structure of the future product. Again, we hold an interview with the client to approve the structure. If needed, we put in corrections.
We approve the backbone of your future site.
Prototype is a sketch for placing elements on a site. The UX designer along with the marketing specialist (based on data obtained from analytics and market field research) works through it. Muscle build up on the skeleton.
At this stage, we can test the attitude of the target audience to the future project: attract several dozens of users from the target audience to evaluate the work of the site. A/B testing of a clickable prototype (wireframe) does not require large investments, but it shows the opinion of the most important people of the project — your potential customers.
If the stage of prototyping needed a motto, it would sound like the Catholic pastor at the marriage ceremony: if there are any objections, it is time to make them public, or to remain silent forever.
This is in fact the very moment when changing the structure does not require much time. When designers start to work with UI, it will take much more time to add buttons (or other structural edits).
After approving a prototype and a specification of requirements, we start designing the site.
The design is based on a prototype, an analysis of the target audience and test results, if testing was carried out.
A good, high-quality, well thought-out design does not complicate buying, but simplifies this process. The site is comfy to use, you want to stay there longer: a clear navigation, well thought-out combination of colors, fonts, blocks prompts for ordering.
Along with a desktop version, we work hard on a mobile one: we will take into account the wishes of search engines and we will also take care of the correct display of the site on different platforms.
A site that successfully sells and is liked by the target audience, is destined to success and many years of functioning. Unlike web design trends that change every season.
If you want your site to be relevant for several years, please contact us: COI designers follow laconism and minimalism, so sites designed by them stand up for fashion requirements for a long time.
Site is not a must-have for each and every business. It does not need to be ordered for a tick. A site is an advertising tool. A shovel that helps you to dig for gold. If the site does not increase the company's profits (direct sales, increased reputation and recognition, attracting new brand followers, etc.), it's worth wondering if it makes sense to spend money on it. Develop a site that will work and therefore is worth investing into it, or do not develop a site at all, even if it is cheap.
If you still decide to make your site from scratch or if you want to re-make an already existing one, we are at your service!
9 COI developing principles
Regardless of whether we are working on the site from the beginning or make changes to the current version, we adhere to several principles:
- We work with the admin panel so that the client has the opportunity to edit content by himself.
- Depending on your business needs, we choose the best tools and control system: Wordpress, Opencart, Magento, ModX, Joomla.
- The site must be developed in a clear way: we design it so that someone else can make changes if needed.
- We take into account the ‘mobile first’ concept, because, according to Google, the number of users who go online from mobile devices, has reached 58 %.
- We know the requirements of search engines, we do internal optimization, so that your site is well indexed.
- We are not limited to existing solutions: site development is a creative process. We have a powerful development team, and therefore, we can add additional functionality by ourselves. And this is why we carry out not only simple tasks, but also take care of complex development. Modules, APIs, CRMs, etc.
- We conduct testing at all stages of site creation; after release, we support the resource for tracking and fixing bugs for next 3 months for free.
- We are convinced that site should work on all devices that your target audience uses. Therefore, we identify the systems and platforms for which support should be provided, depending on the business’s TA: thus, the money is spent wisely, and not wasted.
- When a client comes to us and knows exactly what kind of site he/she wants, we can argue, because work has to be of high quality from our side and profitable for client’s business too. Moreover, when starting, not all projects need a site, because they can successfully manage other instruments of sales winning, including social networks. By the way, social media marketing is one of the priority fields for COI. SMM
From principles to business
From our sites we adopted one cool feature: to be adaptive. This means that we can do different things for different customers. COI has a great professional team. None of us has a one-track mind and we are always ready for something new and interesting.
We make different sites on a turnkey basis: corporate and one-page sites (landings), online stores, as well as CRM-systems and other complex software solutions. Working outside of the formal type designs, we will advise you on the optimal structure of the site.
Also, we are flexible when it comes to payment: we estimate the individually projected time costs for each project and develop scalable sites. If your idea is grand, but you have limited budget or terms, we can take into account the needs of architecture and divide the development into iterations: first, create a minimal working product, and then add new functionality when needed.
Every part of the site — from easy navigation to texts and graphics — should work for you and represent your business smoothly, profitably and directly. Choose your aim, and we will create ways to achieve it!
When is a website considered ready to work? When can you go for promoting the site on the Internet and ordering advertising on Google?
COI Marketing & Software always develops websites on a turnkey basis. This means that we will not give the customer a semi-finished product that is not ready to sell. After the development, testing and texts there is always a stage of technical and search engine optimization of the site.
When Google loves you...
What does site optimization mean? This is a set of actions aimed at ensuring that search engines appreciate your landing, website, business or online store and love it. Qualitative optimization can significantly reduce the cost of further site promotion.
This stage of site development includes the following parameters:
- Putting metatags Title, Description, Keywords for each page. For main pages of the site — manually.
- Formation of the correct headings H1, H2 and H3.
- Image optimization: cropping the excess metadata, size optimization and extension, putting Alts.
- Speed optimization (site scripts, caching, hosting settings).
- SEO optimization of the site text materials.
- Configuration of a robots.txt file.
- Creating a sitemap (sitemap.xml).
- Forming a micro layout by Schema.org type.
- Configuration of snippets.
- Installation of the https-certificate and putting in the necessary redirects.
- Connecting Google Analytics, Search Console, and more.
Why do we do this?
When ordering a website, the client expects to get an instrument that works. By making site as attractive as possible, search engine optimization makes it ready for the visit of a search engine robot. The speed of indexing the pages of the site and its organic position in Google results depend on these actions.
From love to ranking — one step
If search engine optimization of the site is executed qualitatively, the search engine robot will not delay the visit. When visiting you, it will immediately know where to go: robots.txt and sitemap.xml will show him the right path. The high speed of downloading the pages on desktop and mobile devices will show the robot a match of the site and current trends — users can quickly load pages from any device. If all the necessary information (metatags, headers, Alts, etc.) can be easily found, the robot marks your site as potentially useful and will visit you on a regular basis! Isn’t it what we call love?
Contextual advertising is an ad that user sees when looking for a particular product or service on Google and partner sites. Its mission is to save time by immediately pointing to the desired site.
How it works
Contextual advertising is flexible and adaptive. And it is its greatest advantage.
Imagine: you live in the mountains and rent equipment out. In summer, there is demand for ATVs, bicycles, tracking sticks, in winter — for skis and snowboards. Setting up contextual advertising allows you to change the direction of promotion so that you do not encourage skiing in summer and bicycling in winter. Alternatively, along with ATVs rent (your main service) you can focus on bicycles or zipline (in order to interest the consumer). Accurate settings make advertising effective, and therefore you spend money wisely.
The contextual ad is aimed at human needs. It considers to be professional when it guesses a particular desire, rather than shoots in the dark: ‘Clothes for all’ doesn’t work anymore.
Contexts of Contextual Advertising
Contextual advertising is usually accompanied by an image.
It is useful when it’s better to see the benefits of your business once than to read about them for a hundred times. It appears on partner sites as a result of previous user searches.
It appears through short commercials on Youtube and partner sites. Show people a short movie that they want to watch to the end. If they love your story, they will want to buy your product.
Snippets on Google
When googling, a user receives thousands and millions of results. He/she reads a brief description of the page without opening it, so he/she doesn’t have to link to each website. Formulate a good snippet, and your site will get to the top ten pages that users will open after all.
Contextual advertising is an effective but not the only instrument for promoting a business. Contact us, and we will choose the best one for you!
A lot of people work at different stages of site development: developers, designers, copywriters, project managers, testers, marketing specialists, content managers.
Reliability, adaptability and safety of site’s functioning is verified by a tester. Testing the site determines if its functions are implemented clearly and correctly, if the site is convenient enough for users.
Testing Cuisine: Mechanics and Algorithms
When launching the site, a developer has to make sure everything works fine. It prevents errors and user inconvenience.
Must done if you’re testing:
- The correctness of displaying a website on devices of different types and operating systems.
- Crossbrowser test.
- Testing the site for usability. The site should be convenient and clear to an average user.
- Website analysis for stability. By using automatic tests and specialized programs, we check the bandwidth of the site. We need to know if the resource can host a crowd of visitors at one time.
- Security of the transfer and storage of user data, adaptivity, accuracy of hyperlinks, HTML code and other parameters are tested manually.
Test with COI!
When to test?
Obviously, before the release. And then — when there are browsers’ and site management systems’ updates, and other changes; then we do a regression test. This service is included in our site technical support.
For 3 months after the release we generally support the site for free: if we find a mistake, we correct it right away.
Your site does not work properly? You have doubts about the quality of site development by your contractor? It's time to update the site, but you don’t know where to start? We will analyze your site for all parameters!
Site auditing is a complex work. The analysis is carried out by special software instruments and manually, but the final word rests with a specialist of specific department (marketing specialist, UI and UX designers, tester, and editor).
Components of the analysis:
- Technical audit (hosting analysis, analysis of the settings for the robots.txt file, sitemap.xml, url analysis, semantic markup, duplicate pages checking, HTML code analysis, pages’ loading and crossbrowser analysis).
- Content audit (checking the uniqueness of texts, the external attractiveness of the text, editorial checking of texts, analysis of texts on ‘selling’, analysis of media files quality).
- Internal SEO (checking titles, descriptions; checking keywords; checking H1-H3). Performed only when paired with the technical audit.
- UI / UX (checking the convenience of customer interaction; analyzing navigation comfort; testing the site for adaptation; checking the site's accessibility for the user; analyzing the location of the content and font size; analysis of the combination of colors).
- Marketing audit (compliance of the site with the behavioral features of the TA, the correctness of the visual accents, the ordinal focus of attention, the effectiveness of the call-to-action blocks). Requires analytics data.
It is more profitable (and more rational) to carry out a full complex audit, so nothing important is missed. However, we also perform analysis of a specific parameter on client’s request.
We'll show you how to make the site attractive, use-friendly and profitable. And we will make it so in accordance with your request!
Modules, API, CRM, etc.
Not landing pages only. And yet, not only online stores, business card sites... There are no barriers or limitations for COI team! Our developers can both make a classic website as well as implement non-standard technical solutions. We are not limited to modules and ready-made schemes, we will not tell the client ‘it will not work out’ or ‘there is no such function’.
We are tolerant to non-standard functionality
Most typical tasks are really done by the usual solutions. But there are situations when site requires a special calculator, constructor, database or CRM system binding, third-party synchronization, etc.
Such inquiries do not frighten us. We discuss with the client the technical task, we coordinate the stages of site development and implement all necessary functions on a turnkey basis. We use the usual tools: php, json, apache, nginx, mysql, laravel and we are always opened to new ones.
API is not a complexity but an opportunity!
Integrate data from social networks, currency exchangers, delivery services, etc. is not a problem to us. We have experience in working with complicated APIs, we know their rules and limitations. We will find the exact approach and set up an uninterrupted data exchange. We will teach your website how to be friends with its ‘colleagues’.
High downloading as art
Thousands of users every day, requests, requests, requests... How to calculate the capabilities of the service so that it is convenient for a large number of users? COI team is not afraid of challenges! We will calculate algorithms of work, choose the most preferable technologies and provide all the users with an uninterrupted service.
If your task is to implement a complex algorithmic mechanism with a web interface, then COI is your best choice! We will think through the logic of the user, program the formulas and calculations, and visualize the results.
There are no difficult tasks, just interesting ones!
Every unusual order is like a breath of fresh air for us. To search for options, approaches, to think out and plan truly is an exciting job to do!