Consulting business / marketing
Many business owners do not consider hiring outside consultants; and lose a lot. What can be a useful business and marketing consultant?
- Two heads are better than one. Even if the manager has a clear understanding of business processes and marketing trends, outside opinion and periodic consulting can open new horizons for the business.
- If you have an internal marketing department or reliable contractors, the consultant will be able to provide a qualified assessment of their work, suggest how to improve the result.
- No one can know everything and be a specialist in all areas at once. Technologies and techniques are evolving at a breakneck pace. Involving a consultant will allow you to stay in trend and always use the opportunities at all capacity.
- Not every business needs a marketer on a regular basis. There are many successful cases when owners develop their business independently. In particular, this applies to the personal brand. Periodic meetings with a consultant will inspire new ideas and open new fields for better results.
- At the stage of business planning, qualified assistance in forming a map of the target audience, marketing strategy, detailing the business model and prescribing a business plan can be very useful. Lately periodic meetings will be enough. Working on further marketing activities with a consultant who has worked on the business from the beginning is much more effective than engaging different contractors at different stages.
- In case of difficulties (negative feedback, sudden drop in sales, problems in business processes) you can contact a consultant for emergency assistance.
- If it's time to expand your business or change your business model, the consultant who ‘runs’ your company will be able to suggest the best methods, conduct market research and develop a product positioning strategy.
I will ask you about…
Actually… about anything! Depending on the needs of the business, you can hire a consultant for a part-time or (if necessary) with an hourly rate. It is optimal to agree on a monthly review of the situation with recommendations for improvement. This way, your counselor will always be able to keep an eye on things, notice problems in the early stages and help solve them.
They say that everyone should have a family doctor, lawyer and car mechanic. And we say that every business needs to have a marketing and business consultant!
TA map and client portrait
Every business has its own clearly defined audience of consumers. One of the first stages of creating a business is to form a map of the target audience and portraits of customers. Such a document affects the business model, business plan, marketing strategy… It affects everything!
To see your client is to offer him what he wants, in the form he wants and in the presentation he wants.
Everything for everyone… or not?
Advertising to a wide audience is expensive and ineffective. You can always find methods of point contact, which will give the best result with similar investments. Even in a narrow niche, there are several categories of potential customers who have different personality types, need different points of contact and different advertising messages. With a map of the target audience, you can build a diagram of interaction with each group, differentiate and test marketing activities and accurately measure the results. Optimizing the use of advertising budgets today is a necessity, not a whim.
The portrait of the target client, person or avatar is a generalized card of the TA representative, the description of which corresponds to a certain group of potential business consumers who have similar behavioral patterns and pressure points. Depending on the type of business, there may be ten or more than a hundred such avatars. It is important to work on them thoroughly and constantly supplement the data obtained from sales. The target audience map is the basis for developing a marketing strategy.
Important! No one knows a business better than its owner does. To build a quality TA map requires close cooperation of the marketing team with that person.
The map is ready. Where is the treasure?
A detailed map of the target audience allows you to build a diagram of interaction with each avatar. If your clients are young mothers on maternity leave, we will look for them on social networks at lunchtime (while the baby is asleep). If you have a goal to sell business services, we will prescribe a contact tree for email-mailing. And if your business is narrowly local, we will set advertising with restriction of geolocation. A clear vision of customer portraits allows you to segment marketing activities and gain the attention of each group, effectively using the budget.
Bring it on a silver platter
Are you tired of advertising unnecessary goods and services? We know we are! Therefore, the COI team works every day to make sure that each consumer receives only the advertising that may really interest him. Do you want to pay for ads that are simply ignored and never bring the customers? If the answer is no, you are going our way! Pack a suitcase, treasures are waiting!
Concepts and strategies
Business planning is appropriate at many stages. Marketing is no exception. Strategies for positioning a product or service in the market, analysis of the competitive environment and a detailed marketing plan will help to use advertising tools with the greatest possible return.
Modern marketing involves a detailed differentiation by groups of the target audience of the business. Advertising messages are directly aimed at a group of potential consumers interested in the advertised product or service. Marketing finds them in an environment where they are most receptive to a particular type of advertising, with a clearly matched appeal to this group. If once direct marketing (advertising message directly to the consumer) was behind the mass one (general messages to the media, etc.), now even large brands with public products are increasingly using the basic concepts of direct marketing.
White robe and gloves, please!
It is impossible to build an effective marketing strategy of the enterprise without research. This includes analysis of the competitive environment; work with the formation and segmentation of the target audience; behavioral map and measurement of the reputation of the product or service among the representatives of TA; other market research. And only after that you can develop concepts of marketing activities and form a business plan with advertising costs.
Ritual dances and clam shovel
Who is a marketer? A shaman who mysteriously knows what is best to do for each business? Will he raise his finger to the sky, think and ... start dictating a marketing plan for the year in advance? No.
The evolution of marketing, big data, analytics and the colossal growth of advertising in the consumer information space have turned marketing planning into a serious analytical work. One inattentive move, an unfinished message or a wrongly chosen communication channel can cost the business enormous money and reputational losses.
Have you got anything good?
We at COI Marketing & Software start with the product. Do consumers want it and who exactly are they? What consumer problems does the product solve? Does the product positioning meet market requirements? Does the product have a USP (unique selling proposition) that will set it apart from the competition? Sometimes, by refining the product and its positioning, you can achieve some really great results.
Every ad penny has a purpose
The modern concept of marketing is constantly changing. Marketing becomes socially ethical, group-oriented, and no longer intrusive. Now it makes no sense to detail the marketing strategy for a long period. An iterative model is usually used. General long-term goals and desired indicators are set, and within short periods different approaches are tested and their effectiveness is measured. Each iteration provides analytical data that improves the next strategy step. Because the task of a good marketer is not to master the budget, but to bring the client the maximum result for the minimum funds.
A marketer is not a shaman, but a strategist, psychologist and mathematician. If you share our values – let’s advertise together!